Fantastic Chicken Wings (homemade sauce)
20 wings (drumettes and wingettes)
1/2 cup ketchup
3 tbsp white vinegar
2 tbsp molasses
2 tbsp honey
1/2 tsp liquid smoke
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp chili flakes (or cayenne) to taste
1. Divide the wings onto two cooking trays, leaving space between each piece.
2. Place the drip pan in the bottom of the cooking chamber. Using the display panel, select AIRFRY, then adjust the temperature to 380°F and the time to 25 minutes, then touch START.
3. When the display indicates “Add Food” insert one cooking tray in the top-most position and one tray in the bottom-most position.
4. Now that the chicken is in the air fryer, combine all of the ingredients for your sauce in a medium sized saucepan. On medium/high heat, stir to just about boiling. Remove from heat but keep warm until you toss the chicken.
5. When the display indicates “Turn Food” turn the food over AND switch the cooking trays so that the one that was in the top-most position is now in the bottom-most position, and vice-versa.
6. When the chicken is done, place them in a large bowl to toss with the sauce. Add the sauce, and combine gently with a wooden spoon coating all of the chicken.
7. Remove each piece on to a plate, and let cool a bit. This is a good time to clean up some of the dishes as the chicken and sauce are very hot!